05 March 2010

Planning the next trip

I did the impossible. Managed to find a rental house for Easter weekend within three months of Easter!
This was no easy feat, hence my general reluctance to take on this task and instead to leave it to my friends (thanks Sam and Emma).

But this year they told me in no uncertain terms it was well and truly my turn to pick and book the accommodation!

At Easter we generally go somewhere not too far from home, last year it was Phillip Island, the year before Apollo Bay. This year I chose Inverloch/Wonthaggi/Venus Bay area to search for accommodation - something that would house three couples and a baby and a toddler.

Stayz.com was my life saver and has now become one of my favourite sites, how easy is it? put in the dates and the region and it gives you various options. My only criticism is that a couple of the houses that the site said were vacant were actually booked out when I enquired about them. But I finally found a house in Venus Bay - three bedroom place with a large games room. Looks beautiful so fingers crossed it will live up to the images online!

We have also started looking around for our next overseas trip. We are planning a relaxing holiday this time - our last two overseas trips were India and Kenya, so this time we are heading to a beach to chill out. We can't for complete chill out as Adrian will get bored within about 10 minutes of lounging on a beach, so we are looking at Malaysia, Cook Islands, Hawaii, or Fiji was thrown into the mix this evening.

I've been to Fiji, and it is beautiful, but I think Malaysia or Cook Islands are coming out on top at the moment. I think the front runner is Kota Kinabalu and Sipadu in Malaysia. Looks beautiful!

No comments: